Sunday we planned to do very little. Regina, Ryan, and my dad found a ward to attend church at…we all would have happily gone if we had brought anything half decent to show up at a church in. The three of us that stayed at the hotel just hung out…talked, played on the computer, etc until the church goers returned.
We headed down to the pool to get some sun and just relax. My dad and Regina read books poolside and watched our stuff while Ryan and I snorkeled and Robyn and Randi stood in the gorgeous water and talked. Then we all headed back up to the pool area. The four of us went to the hot tub until Regina informed us that Dad was bored…and it was time to do something else. What!? Well…two hours or so of relaxing was about as much as we got.
We all got showered and cleaned up…and then headed back to the Naval Base at Pearl Harbor. When we left the hotel I was confused…I thought we were making the drive to the other side of the island to see the Iwo Jima Memorial at Kaneohe Bay…at the Marine Corps Base. Or I thought for sure we'd hit up Punchbowl while we were out. I honestly had no clue what we were doing back at Pearl Harbor. Turns out my dad wanted some (stupid) hat that only my brother would be able to get for him on the Base. Okay…what? By Sunday I'm pretty sure the man had purchased at least 10 hats…I know it's his thing, but come on. We all got out of the pool, cleaned up, and left the hotel to buy a hat? That took all of 10 minutes to do? Ugh…so after that my dad was happy again…so we found somewhere to eat dinner.
We didn't want to go back into Waikiki, so we used Google to try and find food. We ended up at a Ruby Tuesday. The salad was good and the burger and sweet potato fries weren't bad eithr. I am pretty sure that I was not the only slightly disappointed in our food choices…we were struggling to find good places to eat. We should have done better recon before our trip to avoid that issue, but who knew?
Anyway…If I remember correctly…we just went back to the hotel after that. I have no idea what we did, but I'm sure it was fun. The day was so exciting…no pictures were even taken. Who needs pictures of relaxing..??
I can't remember which day it happened, but one of the days we were in Hawaii…Savannah got her mission call to Milan, Italy. We are all so excited for her!! She leaves in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment