We slept in a bit and then headed to that side of the island. First, we stopped off at the Swap Mart…it was located at the stadium and it was pretty large. We heard it was a good place to buy souvenirs for cheaper than they sell them elsewhere…and those people were right.
We stopped off for lunch at a local shrimp truck. Robyn and I shared chicken and garlic shrimp. The shrimp was awesome! I tasted the chicken, and it was dang good too.
We stopped off for lunch at a local shrimp truck. Robyn and I shared chicken and garlic shrimp. The shrimp was awesome! I tasted the chicken, and it was dang good too.
BYU Hawaii and the LDS Temple are only a few miles from the PCC, so we planned to stop there while in the area. We missed the BYU bookstore by an hour or two, so we didn't get to make any purchases there. I was fun to see the campus, and our present family alumni took a picture by the sign. Then we headed to the Temple. It was pretty much next door to campus. We took a few pictures and enjoyed the grounds before getting back in the car. Regina said Ted's Bakery was just up the road, so we thought it would be best to go there for pie prior to the PCC. We knew we wouldn't be leaving the PCC until about 9:30pm, so if we didn't go before…we would miss Ted's altogether. I requested a stop off along the road…I wanted to put her feet in the water. Randi was the only other one in the car that wanted to do the same thing! It was so beautiful! I love the north side of the island!
Like everything is Hawaii…it was slow going. It took FOREVER to go the less than 10 miles to Ted's Bakery. We finally got there and picked out some treats to share. They were out of Regina's favorite Haupia (coconut) cream pie, but did have chocolate Haupia, so she settled for that. Ryan and Randi got a banana cream to share, while Robyn and I shared a lemon cream cheesecake. My dad, the pie lover of the family, chose to NOT eat pie…and bought himself a danish. We were a little confused, but whatever he wanted was happy with us.
Randi had a small portion of the banana cream pie (where the crust is missing)…maybe one slice. Ryan, on the other hand, ate no crust, but finished off the filling. Regina did not like her pie, so we gave the remainder of the pie to someone there who looked like they would eat our pie. Robyn and I ate most of our cheesecake…even after Ryan shoved my face in the pie. We were laughing hysterically… and everyone thought I handled the prank quite well. There was whip cream all over my face…and in my hair. Honestly, I am surprised how well I handled it. I simply laughed it off…and all was well. The table next to us thought it was hysterical too…they were laughing almost as hard as we were.
Randi had a small portion of the banana cream pie (where the crust is missing)…maybe one slice. Ryan, on the other hand, ate no crust, but finished off the filling. Regina did not like her pie, so we gave the remainder of the pie to someone there who looked like they would eat our pie. Robyn and I ate most of our cheesecake…even after Ryan shoved my face in the pie. We were laughing hysterically… and everyone thought I handled the prank quite well. There was whip cream all over my face…and in my hair. Honestly, I am surprised how well I handled it. I simply laughed it off…and all was well. The table next to us thought it was hysterical too…they were laughing almost as hard as we were.
We made it to the PCC after 4pm…and hurried to the show at the Somoa village. The show was entertaining…the main guy started a fire. And he did so rather quickly. He should go on Survivor…his tribe would eat and stay warm for sure. Then he de-husked a coconut, and he cracked it…had someone drink the water, and then he used the husks to make milk. It was awesome. And I would not want to do that all day long.
We left that village and headed for Tonga. Unfortunately…the last shows were at 4:30, so Samoa was it for us. We were able to take a canoe ride…with a large Tongan man steering (and quite honestly powering the whole damn boat). We finished up and headed to dinner. We weren't all that hungry after Pie-fest 2014, but we all managed to eat some real food and up our intake of caffeine to get us through the remainder of the night.
The show is called "Ha". I was happy that occasionally they would play some sort of picture show to explain what was about to happen. Even with that…I was lost at least half of the show. I got what the characters were doing, but when every one started dancing and had no rhyme or reason to be doing so…I was ready to leave. We made the best of it…and made a beeline (in the pouring rain) for the parking lot when the show finally (finally!) ended. Robyn decided to be a rebel and turn the opposite way Google said to. It turned out to be a less-traffic-y way to go, and I doubt it added any time. It probably saved us time since we didn't have to go back through Waikiki at all.





No comments:
Post a Comment