Monday, February 17, 2014

Heading Home Day 6

We were all packed and ready to head to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  The four of us girls were still having a fun time together…and I was honestly getting sad at the thought our time together was ending.  I was super excited to get home to my family, but I absolutely loved my time with my siblings.






























We arranged for my dad to sit in Robyn's seat, so the four of us sisters could sit together.  He just wanted to read, so it worked out great.  The flight home was sooo much shorter than the flight  there.  




We laughed and talked and read and enjoyed each other until we collected our luggage from baggage claim.  Trent picked up Regina, and they headed east.  Bill picked up Robyn, and they headed west.  Carlys picked the three of us up…and we headed north.

I truly had six of the best days I can remember.  I laughed more than I remember ever doing…we all had so much fun together.  There aren't even words to type…it was just that much fun.  Something we have learned: one baby does not equal a bad bladder.  Hopefully it stays that way after two.  Three and four babies…unfortunately…a bad bladder for their mother they make.  I love my sisters…and my one and only brother.



I love each of my siblings more than I know how to express.  I am so thankful for each one of them.  In my career I have seen more than my fair share of garbage…more families than not have so many issues.  Even with good, hardworking, God fearing parents…there always seems to be at least one child who loses their way.  Whether it's to drugs, alcoholism, laziness, the refusal to accept responsibility, etc.  Those children always seem to drain the family emotionally and financially.  I have always felt so blessed that I don't have one sibling that falls into any of those categories.  We have been blessed…we have had not one of those issues within our immediate family.  I am so thankful for that.  Those families all suffer so much…even when it's not talked about.  I love my family.  I think each of my siblings is an amazing person.  We are all so different, but truly we are so much alike.

I hope we do this again.  Maybe not Hawaii, but something just us.  And maybe we can mix it up and bring spouses, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment