I can't believe that my baby is eight. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital.
The morning of Jake's baptism was spent on a few final details. Once we were ready, we headed over to the stake center. Derek was in a baseball tournament that he had committed to before we new the baptism date. We were disappointed, but he had given his word to his coach.
We took a few pictures out front and then headed inside for a few pictures by the font.
Jake was my first boy who actually wanted to wear a suit to his baptism and I was excited! He looked so handsome and grown up.
Next, Anthony and Jake were given some instructions and lead into the dressing room to change into their white baptismal clothing.
They looked so handsome.
Once they were ready, we headed into the chapel for the opening program. We were joined by Grandma Joyce, Grumpaw Rodgers, Nana Carlys, Aunt Robyn, Aunt Regina, Uncle Trent, Brooklyn, Hayden, McKenna, Aunt Raelynn, Lori Coniam, Margene, Brennan, Rodica, Kimberly, Brianna, Elder O'Neal and Elder Stulen, Sister Salazar and Brother Neslen
When it was Jake's turn we followed him to the baptismal font where he was baptized by his father.
Anthony did a great job and Jake only had to be once. As they exited the water to change, the group headed to the cultural hall where we were surprised to have no piano. They changed rooms on us, but didn't let us know so we could be prepared. We made do and enjoyed the rest of the meeting. Brooklyn was very relieved to not have to play the piano. I cant say that I blame her.
Jake was then given the gift of the Holy Ghost by Grumpaw Rodgers.
After the closing prayer, by Lori, we all headed to Aunt Randi's to have a party!
Jake picked the theme, "I like to Look for Rainbows", months before his birthday.
We had a lot of fun making everything ROYGBIV
Rodica was sweet enough to celebrate her birthday with us.
Jake made a special request for a huge rainbow cake and Nana delivered. It was huge, rainbow and delicious!
I hope Jake had a great day and that he will always remember his special rainbow baptism.




No comments:
Post a Comment