Monday, January 13, 2014

DL Day 3

We spent time at Disneyland on Saturday.  I have to say…I was a bit disappointed (I think we all were?) because Raelynn kept telling us she wanted to leave.  Um…excuse me?  


We got a later start and timed it to make a couple purchases with some 20% off coupons we got at each meal (on our receipts).  The coupons had several stores they were valid to be used at, but they had to be used by 1pm.  I wanted to pick up a couple Monsters University items for Blip, and I really wanted that 20% off of those items. Regina came with me and we found what I was looking for- a t-shirt, a Mike Wazowski backpack, and something else.  Richelle was able to find me the Sully costume for Henry.  It might be the cutest thing I've found.  Henry got his new costume for Christmas.





After those awesome purchases, we made our way into Disneyland.  Ah…I love Disneyland!!  I love all of it.  It's even extra special all decorated for Christmas.  I really love it.



We ended up eating a quick bite and then leaving Robyn and Raelynn sitting at a table near New Orleans Square.  That made Raelynn happy (I think?)…and the rest of us went on Pirates.  After Pirates…I found my favorite Disney beverage- the Mint Julep.  I should have opt'd for hot chocolate, but I would never forsake my favorite, can only find at Disneyland Mint Julep. 

We started walking and ended up near Pooh's dumb ride.  Raelynn saw Winnie and Tigger and Eyeore…and we actually saw happiness.  Regina and Kristi waited in line with Raelynn to meet the characters…and Robyn, Richelle, and I wandered.  We went into a couple stores, saw a new addition to the left of the castle, and ended up sitting together on a bench just behind the castle.  It was a nice break.  We met back up with our girls, and Kristi and I headed off to make a necessary wish!  I wasn't going to do it this time, but it worked the first time, right?  No need to be original…stick with what works.



We didn't do a lot after the wishing well.  Went to Space Mountain…and then it was decided to leave.  I was just along for the ride, so whatever…we left and ordered Cheese Cake Factory to eat at the hotel.  We all packed up to head home the next day and then got ready for bed.

This trip was like no other I've been on to Disneyland.  $234 for a 3-day park-hopper pass…used three times for a total of less than a 1.5 days in the parks.  When this tradition began, we spent one day in the park, and a day or two of other stuff in/around Anaheim.  I think that's what we need to get back to…or at least that's what I can afford.



I had a blast with my sisters…it's never boring.  There's always someone that pees their pants during/because of the laughter.  I'm thankful it's never been me, but I do have the least amount of children. I was super excited to see my boys when I got home…Blip came running to me.  Best. Feeling. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment