Our last day in California was a beach day! Randi, Cody, and I had to take Brooklyn to the airport first thing in the morning, but we came home to special homemade donuts requested by Blip. Doug made his little donut dreams come true…complete with chocolate frosting and "M's".
After that treat we got ready and headed to the beach! We drove along the coast and enjoyed the beauty…and the ginormous, unaffordable homes. Once we arrived at Redondo Beach…all the boys picked out an oyster.
Then we wandered around the pier until we found a spot in the sand to settle into. We played on the beach for a few hours. By the time we left everyone seemed to have had enough sand and sun.
For dinner…yum…Doug made us homemade Mexican food. OMG…the food got better and better as the meals were rolled out. I wished and wished I could have stuffed more of that Mexican food into my belly. It was soooo good.
When the day finally came to an end it was just sad…knowing it was the last night of our quick little vacation.
I LOVE taking these quick trips…they make the everyday craziness seem much more tolerable with a break every now and then. We loved staying with Kristi and Doug and the boys. They were awesome hosts…and we felt very welcome. I can't wait to go back!
And I can't wait until I can play with Kristi again!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment