Sunday, November 9, 2014

Aquarium of the Pacific

Saturday we woke up to Doug making a delicious breakfast of homemade biscuits and gravy, bacon, and other yummy things to snack on.  We lounged around a bit before it was time to get ready for our trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific.  I had never been, so it was something new and fun to try.
 


 
Kristi bought food for the kids to feed the birds.  I was happy that I didn't have a little child so I could stay on the outside and take pictures.
 
 
 
There were A LOT of people there, but everyone seemed to enjoy it.  Marie, Randall, Ace, and Kolbie (Richelle's sister-in-law, her hubby, and their grandkids) also met us there, so that was fun too.
 
 
The boys not only enjoyed the birds up close and personal, they loved the sharks
 
 
 

 We saw lots of cool fish, sea lions, otters, seals, sharks, and other creatures.
  
 
 
 
We spent a few hours there and then headed to Kristi's for more fabulous food.  Doug BBQ'd and made homemade coleslaw, beans, and cobbler…holy moly I would weigh a kabillion pounds if I lived with Doug's cooking.  It was so fun to let all the kids run and play while we all visited and ate.  I love that Kristi and Marie are both in California and they get along so well.  That will bring years of fun!
 
 
Meanwhile, back in Arizona, Derek and Dad were assembling a new rod and swim baits... 

No comments:

Post a Comment