After our non-stop visit to the city, Robyn had to work, a lot, outside of the city in White Plains. I, on the other hand, took a few days to relax. My legs were sore for the first 2 days I was there. I was willing to play any amount for a massage, but the hotel didn't have a spa! I opted to soak in the tub for long periods of time instead.
The Renaissance Hotel that we stayed at was gorgeous and so were the grounds.
Our room was spacious with a window seat over looking the grounds.
Everyday I slept until 11, showered, went down stairs with a book, ate a gourmet meal, read, walked the grounds, read, napped, played iPad, read and rested.
I had full access to the concierge's lounge where I could get drinks and food whenever I needed them.
Poor Robyn was up at 6am and worked until 8pm or later.
Although I was supposed to go home after 2 days of bliss, Robyn rescheduled my flight and my car service for Friday. I was able to spend an extra 2 days actually resting and recovering.
During one of my extra evenings we were able to head into White Plains for a little retail therapy at The Rack and Target. It rained while we drove, but we did find a beautiful rainbow. One other night we went to a dinner/bowling/go cart activity. We had a good time just people watching.
This was the view from the car on the bridge as I crossed over to LaGuardia Airport. It was neat to view the city from a distance and think about what a wonderful first trip I had to New York. It was so wonderful and I am so thankful that I was able to experience it with Robyn.




No comments:
Post a Comment