Friday, November 7, 2014

NYC Day 4

On my final day in the city we slept in a bit before we got ready for checkout.  We packed our bags while we ate cheesecake and cupcakes for breakfast.  Once we were ready to head out, we checked our bags with the bellhop and headed out into the sun.

 
This was my favorite police vehicle that we saw in the city.  There were so many different varieties to choose from, but this one reminded me of like a Fisher Price Little People car. 

Our plan for the day was a hop-on/hop-off tour of the North part of the Island and then do a little shopping for souvenirs.  Little did we know that much of the city was shut down due to the Israeli pride parade.  Our 60-90 minute tour lasted more than 3 hours!  We didn't even make it all the way to the end.


Some points of interest were the Chrysler Building

 
Radio City Music Hall

 
The New York City Temple and Julliard across the street


 
The Museum of Natural History


 
Payphone user in Harlem

 
Apollo Theater in Harlem

 
The Guggenheim Museum


 



 
 
Home of Jacklin Onassis Kennedy

 
We also saw the entire perimeter of Central Park, which I have no pictures of.  (After so long on the bus, I because delirious and forgot to take pictures) 
 
We finally got off the bus at 5th Ave so I could see Rockefeller Center.  We didn't quite make it there because of the parade blockages, but we did make it to MAC.  I was able to get a little make-up makeover by an awesome gay guy.  Next we headed into Tiffany's to see if I could buy a special silver ring to remind me of my special trip to New York, but I couldn't find one I loved.
 
We walked many, many blocks back to our hotel to pick up our bags and load into a car service.  We were then driven out of the crazy New York City and into the beautiful city of Westchester.  It was much farther than I realized and although I had anticipated returning to the city while Robyn worked, it was just too far.  I hope someday I will be able to return to NYC and experience some new adventures.
 
Once we were settled into our beautiful room into our room at the Renaissance Westchester, we had the most delicious steak dinner with some of Robyn's co-workers.  I had a great time putting some faces with names, especially one wonderful friend named Diane.  She is funny and such a blast to hang out with.  Before we knew it, it was late and Robyn and crew had to get to bed to be ready for an early meeting.  I, on the other hand, had to plan for a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment