On September 17, 2014, 79 students from Legend Springs Elementary piled
onto 2 fancy buses to head to Camp Sky Y.
We listened to the song Rude the whole bus drive to camp. When we got
there I could tell I was going to have a great time. The first thing I felt when I got off the bus
was the nice weather! It must have been
no more than 60-70 degrees. Camp Sky Y
proved to be a great 3 day field trip with the most remarkable memories I will
never forget!
To begin with,
the day time activities were where all the fun things occurred. The first thing we did when we got there was
have lunch. There were hoppers that
would set the tables for everyone else. There were two hoppers per table and everyone
rotated after every meal. We had three
meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The dinners, in my opinion were decent.
After that, our first class was Outdoor Living Skills, which was my
favorite. The activity we had to do was
build a teepee. We saw a coyote when we were getting the wood for the
teepee. Ours Almost fell down when we
added too much wood to one side. I still
think it was the most ambitious. The
next thing we did was done inside, instead out outside because it started to
rain. We were supposed to get a lot more
rain while we were there, but we were fortunate and didn't. It only rained for 20 minutes, but it got
pretty muddy during that time. The rain
wasn't even that hard. The next day we
went to a 50-60 foot rock wall. I didn't
go on the wall because I am afraid of heights.
Only a few people made it to the top.
I was thinking of going on it later, but we didn't have enough time.
To start with,
there were many unforgettable night activities.
The first night, we got to roast marshmallows. Mr. Gooding taught us how to do an
"Arizona Thunderstorm." It
sounded pretty good, almost symmetrical to a real one. While we were doing it, someone said they
saw a deer, but it was Mr. C in a horse mask.
It was pretty scary for all of about 5 seconds. Then I was in shock while I was
laughing. The next night was skit night,
and also the Chubby Bunny Challenge! All
of the skits were pretty cool. The most
exciting skit was Stupid Magic with the awesome finger tricks. Our skit was the Campfire Song from Sponge
Bob. Mrs. Stafford won the Chubby Bunny
Challenge. On that night, all of the
sixth grade boys had a camp fire! It was
pretty darn fun.
My most favorite
part of Sky Y was the best thing for most of everyone: FREE TIME! There were so many wondrous things during the
small time period, and in between classes!
Some of the animals I saw were two squirrels. They were fast and rounding a tree. I chased them around the tree, but it was
hard to see because they were camouflaged and climbed higher and higher into
the tree. The most popular game was a
game called Ga-Ga ball. It was really
fun and I won about 8 times. Ga-Ga ball
got boring to me after a while so a couple of people quit and played frisbee. We played Frisbee 500. I was so happy to have the time with my
friends.
The three fantastic
days at Sky Y might have been the best days of my life. From all the amazing things we had going on,
the day and night activities, to the free time.
It was the most exhilarating experience I have ever had with my
classmates.
No comments:
Post a Comment