Thursday, March 12, 2015

California Adeventure March 2015

We wanted to be at the park right when it opened in order to take full advantage of all the fun rides at California Adventure.  We slept in a little later than expected, but left our room right at 8, when the park opened.  Or when I thought the park opened because when we got there, the gates were still locked and the sign really said 9 am, except for Magic Morning guests.  Well, I have never been early, but we got in line to be part of the first 100 guests.  As we stood there, I decided to ask one of the cast members about or online tickets I had printed out.  She was awesome and invited us into the park early. 
 
 
We headed straight for Scream!  Our favorite roller coaster.  On the way, I tried to persuade the group to take advantage of the Cars ride, only to find out it was broken down.

 
We were disappointed, but figured we could ride it later.

 
After Scream, we hit Toy Story. 

 
Then back to Cars, which was still broken.  So the boys & Brooklyn opted for Matter while I went to find fast passes for the Cars ride.



 
There were no last passes, because the ride was broken.  I was pretty disappointed.



 
We tried to go on the Grizzly River Run, but that was closed.  We tried to go on Soarin', but that was closed too.  I forced the boys to go on the Little Mermaid ride and they almost died!


 
We went back to Cars land for the 4th time and Cars was still broken. So were our hearts.  We were done with California Adventure and it was only 10 am.  I went to customer service to complain.  They ended up giving us all passes to go over to Disneyland for the day as well.  Before we headed over we decided to ride Mosters Inc. and see the Aladdin show.  The boys loved Aladdin and as we headed over to Disney, the fast passes became available for Cars!  I was so excited.

 
Jake was exhausted and the two of us headed back to the hotel.  While Brooklyn and Carsen went to Disneyland.  While at Disney they rode Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones.  Indiana Jones ride broke while they were on it!  They were stuck in the pitch black for 30 minutes!  About 5 pm Brooklyn called to me and Jake up from our nap.  We reluctantly walked back to the park to ride on Cars.  It was worth it!



 
We had dinner and rode the roller coaster again before we got pretty good spots for the World of Color Show. 

 
As the park emptied, we all rode the Matter Ride over and over!  It ended up being a great day for everyone!  Since we were exhausted, we decided to take a Taxi back to the hotel.  The guy smelled of smoke, yelled and cursed at the other drivers and drove like a mad man.  The boys were very distraught by our ride home!


No comments:

Post a Comment