Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ireland Day five

 Robyn and Dianne had one day of meetings left and then we were going to hit the spa!  I was up at Blarney Castle when it opened at 9:00am so I could make the most of my last day in Ireland.
 
I was not disappointed.  The grounds and the castle were magnificent.  It is unreal to think that this castle was erected in 1447.
 
 
After walking around the grounds, I entered the castle and climbed up 100 stairs in the tiny little staircase.

 
 
 
I was able to stop and explore different rooms throughout the castle.
 
 
This is where the famous "Kiss the Blarney Stone" is located.

 
I was very brave and I was able to kiss the blarney stone.
 
 
I was able to look out and see all of the grounds and gardens from the top of the castle.
 







I thought the poison garden was very interesting.  It houses an educational collection of plants from around the world.  All the plants have postings about the toxicity, traditional and modern day uses.

 
My favorite part was all the beautiful flowers.  They were everywhere.












 

 
Since I was alone, I took a couple of "selfies", which I hate, but it's better than nothing.

 
 
I was also able to tour the residence of the current family that owns the estate.  A family lives in the home, but they also offer tours.  It was still decorated for the period it was built.  Very neat.
 

 
Blarney Castle and Garden
 
 
 
In the late afternoon I headed back to the hotel and made my way to the spa.  We all had amazing massages.  We ordered one last night of sub-par room service before we packed our bags very a very early flight to Paris!


No comments:

Post a Comment