We left Cork, Ireland at 6:30am so we were in Paris, France by 9:30 a.m. Robyn had a car service lined up to take us from Charles De Galle Airport to the Mariott on Champs Elysees (pronounced Shamps Elliezay).
The traffic was a bit heavy, but pulling up to the Arc de Triomphe was so exciting.
We were at the entrance to one of the most famous streets in the world! When we pulled up to hotel, I was even more excited. The hotel was so fancy.
But when we checked into our room, I almost peed my pants!
First, the Television actually said Robyn's name.
Second, we had a balcony that you could see the Arc de Triomphe from.
Third, we had stairs!
We didn't have much time to relax in our extravagant room because we had a date with the Eiffel Tower. We took a through town to the tour office. Once we were signed in, we ran across the street to a bakery.
I am not sure if all the bakeries in Paris are this good, but this place was delicious! I couldn't decide what to get. There were too many choices! We got a bag full of treats and headed back out the door.
Our tour left a short while later and we walked a couple blocks over to the Eiffel Tower. It was huge!
We were able to stop for a few photos before heading underneath and into the elevators.
The pictures just don't do it any justice. This is one of those times that you wish you were a photographer or had a camera better than your cell phone, but you don't, and you do the best you can.
This was the best I could do.
I really just tried to listen to the tour guide and learn about the city. Live in the moment.
I wish I remembered the moment's details a little better, but it was beautiful.
After level one, we were able to take the elevators all the way to the middle level.
After making our way around the floor, our tour guide bid us farewell and we waited in line to
go all the way to the top! Everything was so small! IT was very cool and breezy. There were too many people for our liking so after Dianne had her celebratory champagne, we headed down the 3 elevators. We were so glad we did not have to take the stairs!
Once at the bottom, we made our way to our hop on - hop off bus tour. It just so happened that there was a little soft serve gelato truck right next to our bus stop. We had to try it! Oh my! We are so glad we did.
We got on the bus and started our tour of the city.
I have no idea exactly where we went because I was not allowed off the bus!
At each stop I asked, "Are we getting off here?" and Robyn and Dianne would say in unison, "No! Eat another pastry."
So I did. I watched and listened and enjoyed the trip.
The Louve
Notre Dame
Italian Police Vehicle
We rode around about 1/2 the route, but decided that we should get off on the stop closest to our hotel and walk down the famous Champs Elysees. We stopped at a few gift shops and bought a few souvenirs before heading back to our rooms and getting ready for dinner.
When we arrived, Dianne had been delivered a wonderful bread and cheese tray and a bottle of champagne. She also had some sodas chilled and waiting for us.
We spent some time on the balcony taking fun photos together, over looking the street. We were so excited to be here!
We had skipped lunch, in lieu of pastries, so we headed out for a delicious steak dinner. After a week of eating in Ireland, we were all craving a good, hearty meal. We had a wonderful meal before heading back out to find dessert.
I had read all about this Laduree bakery and when there was one just down from our hotel, we were excited!
Believe it or not, it was 10:00pm when we finally made it back to the room to try some of the delicious, expensive treats we had bought. They were all delicious!
The icing on the cake was the twinkling Eiffel Tower in we could see from our balcony. We were going to go back and see it in person, but we were all so tired. We could see it and enjoy it well enough! Dianne had a very early flight home the next morning and we had to rest our weary selves before our next day's adventures!
Good Night Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment