The next morning we slept in a little bit. We were exhausted, but didn't want to waste our last day in Paris. I had big plans and poor Robyn didn't know what she was in for. I really didn't either...
We started out on the hop on- hop off bus tour. I had a few things on the 2nd half of the tour that I wanted to see. We also needed to get to the train station, which was over by the Eiffel Tower so we decided that this was a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone.
The day was overcast and breezy we again we just rode and listened.
I cant remember all the stops, but I do remember the eternal flame that is a memorial of where Princess Diana was killed in a car accident. Robyn loved Princess Diana so it was a special place of remembrance for her.
We got off of the tour at this stop that we were able to see the Eiffel Tower and get some nice photos. We were able to walk down this crowed mall area and next to some beautiful fountains as we walked toward the tower.
We started at the top between these 2 white buildings. There were several bride and grooms getting their pictures taken, as well as other groups being photographed.
We crossed over the River Seine.
There were trains going back and forth over the bridge behind us.
There was also this neat little park that was similar to a splash pad that lots of kids were having fun at.
Once we made it all the way to the Eiffel Tower, we had to have another gelato. It was so good!
We began to look for the train station while we ate our gelato. We looked at maps and tried to ask for help, but we just walked back and forth and all around, until we finally found it! So close to where we started, but there were no signs! We figured out how to buy our tickets for the train to Versailles!
We rode about 45 minutes through the country to the Palace of Versailles. It was on my bucket list, not Robyn's, but she loves me enough that she agreed to go. I promised her a golf cart tour of the grounds and so off we went!
Little did I know that this was on a lot of people's bucket list. The line to buy tickets was a 2+ hour wait and the line to get into the Palace was just as long.
We decided to skip the Palace and tour the massive grounds.
Unfortunately, one day a year they close the trains and the golf carts because there is a marathon on the grounds. Our only choice to get around was to walk. I wanted to cry. I didn't want to walk. I wanted to ride. I wanted to throw a fit. But Robyn said, "Let's start walking!" We had no other choice. We started walking the massive grounds.
We walked way down to that lake you can see far off in the back ground.
Past all the fountains.
Past all the sculptures and pottery.
Can you see how old this stuff is? I was so shocked and amazed that this is so old!
We turned right at these trees and went about a mile to Marie Antoinette's Estate, Grand Trianon, and Petit Trianon.
On our walk back, I honestly didn't know how we were going to make it. Once we made it back to the gardens, there was music and the fountains were all on. We walked and looked and I even made Robyn take pictures.
We finally left that ostentatious place and hobbled back to the train. On the ride back we looked at the map of Paris and made our plans for the rest of the evening. We got back on that damn hop on- hop off bus and rode over to the Notre Dame area. We took some pictures outside, but the line was so long to wait and go in that we just couldn't do it.
We walked along the Seine River and looked at a variety of things before we got back on the bus and took it back to the Arc de Triomphe on the Champs Elyesse. We wearily walked down the street and grabbed some type of pizza bread for dinner. We made it back to our room and crashed. We walked so many, many miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment