Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Give Thanks

This year we had an unusual Thanksgiving Holiday. We had our tile & grout cleaned and sealed the day before Thanksgiving, so we were not allowed to walk on the floor for 8 hours. So to save our investment, Nana and Grumpaw let us spend the night with them.


We were having a nice evening and as we were getting the boys settled in to bed about 9 pm, the power went out and the tears came on. Nana & Grumpaw jumped into action and got flashlights for everyone. I decided to lie down by Jake & Carsen while we waited for the power to come back on and the next thing I knew, it was 9 am.

Mom and Dad made us breakfast of homemade bread french toast and danish. They continued to work hard all morning, but not without help. Carsen was the best helper of all. He helped set the table, make the rolls and do anything that Nana requested! When asked why he was such a great helper he said, "Cause it's Thanksgiving."

I got up and read the ads and then in then right at noon, I started to help Mom & Dad cook.

Mike, Randi, & Sydney arrived to help...

Anthony arrived to hang with his boys...

and Derek watched football.

And about 2 pm we all sat down at the table to enjoy all of our favorite Thanksgiving foods! It was the smallest Rodgers family Thanksgiving in history, but it was peaceful and nice. I am so Thankful for my hard working husband who loves me unconditionally, my three boys who love me constantly, my Dad & Two Awesome Moms, all my sisters and brother. I am one blessed lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment