So, this weekend I decided that no matter what I was going to spend some one-on-one time with each of my boys. I would love to do this on a weekly basis, but let's face it; time runs out before it even begins. Life is crazy and busy and something always comes up.
Friday was no different when my transmission called it quits at 108K miles, on the way to take the boys to school; while I was in my pj's (no bra) and slippers; AND Anthony's car started make a loud screeching noise on his way home from work I wondered if I should cancel my plans with my boys. Heaven knows it is gunna cost a fortune to get my car fixed and buy Anthony a new one. Do I really have money for dates and Christmas and cars? Oh well, what's a few more bucks?
Once the boys got home from school and we were car less, Margene offered to take Carsen and Jake to her house while I borrowed a car and took Derek to an appointment. With Carsen & Jake at Brennan's I decided that tonight was going to work for Derek and me no matter what. And it worked perfectly. I borrowed my dad's 2 seat Ford Ranger truck and we were off. We spent a long time meandereing the fishing and sports departments at Walmart, making a Christmas list. We walked and talked and then bought a few things. Once we got out side we realized that we had a 2 seat truck and started to laugh. Going from a Yukon XL to a Ranger is quite an adjustment. So we loaded them in the bed and headed to Uncle Sams for dinner. We had a nice time there, ate as much as we could and then headed home to the rest of the boys.
Saturday morning we all slept in and then did our chores. Glen came over and did a few quick adjustments to the Honda to get it running again. So at noon, Carsen and I snuck out and headed to Sardella's for Pizza. He was thrilled to ride in the Ranger. Funny enough, both of the boys were intrigued with the "old fashioned" cranks for the windows. I had to laugh as they rolled the window up and down just to try them out. After lunch Carsen needed some crayons so we went over to Michael's to pick out a big box. We also found a wooden snake that we couldn't pass up. Once we were set, we picked up some Coldstone for Carsen, a carmel apple for me and Paradise for Randi. We dropped by her house for a quick visit before heading home. I love being with my happy Carsen. He smiles, laughs and lights up the room!
Jake was my last to take out. Just before 4 we dropped Carsen & Derek off at Jump Street for their friends party. I offered to stay there with Jake, but he wanted to get ice cream at Coldstone. We shared an ice cream and talked outside in the beautiful weather until it was too cool to stay. We decided to get a Happy Meal in the drive McDonald's drive-thru and then go home to play games. Jake loves Hungry Hippos and so do I!
My boys are growing so fast and I hope they will always remember how much I love them, no matter what!
oh that's awesome! i love the dates you took your boys on! you are an amazing mom!!
ReplyDelete