Being a middle child, I should have realized the obvious, but I didn't. We have all heard "the first will be last and the last will be first" from the scriptures. "Oldest gets to pick" or "youngest goes first". That always seems fair, unless you are in the middle.
Last week while we were driving to Flagstaff, I put in the movie player. Derek and Jake promptly said, "Youngest picks first". I agreed and we were on our way. A little while later Carsen said, "How about the middle?" I was confused. He said, "How about the middle goes first, just once!" Poor kid, never being first, always stuck in the middle.
My lesson was learned and from now on "middle first" will be one of my regular rules!
On a side note Cute little Carsen pulled out his own tooth last night. He wanted it out so bad that he twisted and tugged until he got it out. The tooth fairy came as planned and he added 3 bucks to his bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment