While preparing for our upcoming vacation to Yellowstone and Snake River, we had to make a visit to Cabellas. Derek needed a case for his new fly rod and some kind of a bait casting rod (whatever that is). We met a really nice Cabellas employee that talked to us for 30 minutes about fly fishing. He gave Derek and Anthony a lot of great information. Next, we were on the the lure section. Carsen, Jake and I were admittedly pretty bored by this time, but we didn't want to hurry the other 2 along, so we entertained ourselves.
We checked out all the animals, dead and alive.
and then we headed to the camping section.
Jake was the first to try out the porta-potty tent display
but Carsen wouldn't let him do all the dirty work. He had to try it out too.
Oh my, only boys is all I could think. I was a little embarrassed until a 40 year old man did the same thing and his wife almost died.
After an exhausting time in the mock bathrooms the boys needed a little nap.
Jake loved this one because it was soft like his night-night (blanket).
Next they found the below zero bags and I zipped them in hoping that they would get stuck and I would have to leave them behind. No such luck. They were able to escape.
Finally Anthony and Derek had what they needed and we were able to leave, but not before the boys discovered pop guns. That is one time that I have hated allowance. Carsen and Jake both had 10 bucks. Enough to each buy a gun. We were able to enjoy a very loud popping noise all the way home and even into the next week. I did get smart and make the rule that they can only be used in the back yard. Unfortunately, they isn't far enough away cause I can still hear them during my Sunday afternoon nap time. Maybe they will break?...
No comments:
Post a Comment