Our next day in Yellowstone was one of beauty and exploration. We were able to see a lot of waterfalls, which are my personal favorite.
Our first stop was Gibbon Falls. There was a very short path that led to the viewing spot. We all got out and took a look. It was beautiful.
Did you know that Yellowstone has it's own Grand Canyon? Well it does and the Yellowstone River runs through it. There are two huge water falls that we headed to next. First was at the Lower Falls.
The trail was a little longer and a tad more difficult. Again we all made the trek, even Randi and Raelynn.
The waterfall was magnificent.
You could see rainbows and see millions of gallons of water pouring over the rocks.
Next we drove to the lower falls. From the parking lot I could hear the falls, but couldn't see them. The trail said that hike was moderate and I was afraid to even try. Carsen headed down with Sydney and Billy. Anthony and I walked to the trail head. We decided to go a little further and then a little more. Jake and Derek soon came up behind us with Nana and Mike. I thought the 1/2 way point of the steep switch backs was far enough, so I rested. After a few minutes Anthony convinced me to continue on with the others. I gave in and started to walk again.
The falls were gorgeous and I was glad that I kept going down. The way up was as hard as I had imagined. Wearing Crocs shoes and without water we began the incline together. Nana and I needed to stop at each corner and Anthony and Mike waited with us to make sure we didn't die.
We did make it and lived to tell. By the time we finished it was late afternoon and we decided to head back to West Yellowstone the long way around past Yellowstone Lake.
The drive was amazingly beautiful. The lake was never ending beauty. We had a long day, but we enjoyed it so much. What a blessing to live in this beautiful country.
No comments:
Post a Comment