A few weeks ago I placed our ipad in it's protective case and then picked it up to carry it from the office to my bedroom where I charge it. As I walked into the kitchen I somehow dropped it, onto the tile. There was no loud noise. There was no cracking or breaking noise. I picked up the case and thought nothing more of it as I walked down the hall.
Once I was ready for bed, i unzipped the case and prepared to play a game. As I opened the cover, I saw a crackly line over part of the screen. I thought it was part of the angry birds game that the boys had been playing earlier and it was dark. So I pushed the button to clear the screen and the crackly lines didn't go away. My heart started to race and I felt myself begin to panic. I ran my finger over the screen, only to feel little pieces of broken glass and hear it crackling.
I slammed the cover shut. I jumped out of bed, with my heart pounding, to look for a phone. I had to run around the house and check four different places. I finally found one and dialed my life line... Randi. It was midnight and I knew she would answer no matter what. One she did answer I began to sob. If there was something more the sob, that's what I was doing. Randi probably thought one of the kids died. Nope. Just my ipad.
Thoughts raced through my mind so quickly like, how could I have dropped it? Is this real? Can I fix this? Why didn't I buy a warranty? Where will I find an extra 1000 dollars? What will Anthony say? All this in between huge wet gulps for air. After more than 20 minutes I had no more energy to spend. Randi made me an appointment with the genius bar at the apple store for the following morning. She promised she would see me in few hours and I should get some sleep.
The next morning I broke the news to Anth. He was a bit angry. The boys were very sad. I was depressed, but on my way to find out my fate. Once at the store, I spoke with my genius. She took a look at the ipad and then looked up my info on the computer. She then told me the most amazing news. She was going to replace my ipad for free, right then! After a bit of backing up and transferring information, I was smiling and on my way. I love my happy ending.

No comments:
Post a Comment