Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Art

I hate mess.  I hate clutter.  I hate things that don't have a "place" or when they don't have a place to belong.  So, I sort mail and file, shred or recycle everything  immediately.  I go through the backpacks and throw out all the papers every day.  I look at them all, return what is required, but keep none.  This is one of my many OCD traits.
  
Usually this is a good thing, but tonight Carsen wanted to show Randi his "best drawing ever" and I had already thrown it away.  I looked at it and thought it was nice, but then promptly put it in the trash.  Lucky for me, the little office trash had not gone out and well, the day was saved.  Randi and I were able to gush over this beautiful drawing.  Now that I know its "special" status, it will be hung on the window for all to see for a few weeks and then placed in his box of mementos.

 

Jake also drew the best picture of his life today.  He loves to draw and usually makes about 33 pictures a day.  I love them all, but I do have to admit that 99% of them are now in a landfill.  This masterpiece however, will also move from window to memento box.


No, no, it isn't what you think, unless you guessed Randi's tummy.  That is her pregnant blip-full belly and outie belly button, drawn multiple times of course and stuck together with lots of tape. 

Thanks Randi and Mike for taking the boys to lunch today while I worked so they didn't starve to death.  And to Randi for being Jake's model during arts and craft time.

1 comment:

  1. You should take pictures of their art and then turn it into a book with My Publisher or Snapfish...less clutter and they still have the memories :)

    ReplyDelete