A couple weeks ago my friend Kari's daughters were in a ballet performance of Snow White. I thought that Raelynn might enjoy the production, so I bought a couple tickets and we planned for a nice evening together. The day of the show we found out there was an extra ticket and so I invited Carlys along. Raelynn wasn't thrilled at first, but by intermission, I was kicked out of my seat so Raelynn could sit by her mom. How rude!
Rebecca and Brianna were the stars of the show and they did a fantastic job. We really enjoyed the production and thought it was incredible that this dance company includes special needs children. Just because they are "special" doesn't mean they don't want to dance.
Rebecca was so happy to dance in the show.
Brianna was amazing with singing, dancing, helping her sister and making sure all the other kids were doing what they were supposed to.
I don't know if Raelynn was happy about being with me or about the treats provided in the lobby, but I had a great time with her. I love her so much and I hope she knows it.
After the show Raelynn took us out for Chinese food. She really didn't want to use her money, but she had a ton and she missed my birthday party at melting pot. Mom was not letting her off the hook for that and I appreciated it. We had a great date and I hope we can do it again soon!
That is really awesome :)
ReplyDelete