Anthony thinks we should just scrap the set and start new. Because they are stackable, the set must be replaced, not just the dryer. And since the laundry room was built around stacking, they must be stacked. And so the search begins.
We actually find a nice set that we both like and agree on rather quickly. So we buy them and set up the delivery.
After we are home, I walk through the laundry room and it pops into my head that I have had "Paint the Laundry Room" on my to do list for about 9 months. After all, it hasn't been done since the house was built like almost 20 years ago. I tell Anthony that if he pulls the old set out, I will paint. Oh, if were only that easy. No.
He realizes that the cupboard that he installed above the dryer 9 years ago must come out because the new set is much larger. After careful research, he realizes everything on the market, in our type and size, will be too tall. So he removes the cabinet and all it's possessions.
Next he repairs a big gouge in the ceiling that was made while installing the cabinets 9 years ago.
Which led to painting the ceiling and then all the wood trim.
Next, the walls were washed.
Once the trim & ceiling were dry, they were tapped off and caulked for painting. I went out into the garage and picked the fullest "extra" bucket of paint and set to work.
Derek helped me cut in the first wall, Jake helped with the second and Carsen with the third. After that I set everyone to bed because it was taking too long and I didn't want to be patient anymore. I just wanted to finish. After all, the appliances were going to be delivered in like 12 hours!
After many hours of hard work, the room was fresh and new. The next morning the new Washer & Dryer were delivered and installed into their new home. The poor things have been going ever since!
Now all I need as a new smaller, upper cabinet so I can put back all the extra stuff! I hope that doesn't take the next 9 years, because I just don't think I can handle that!
No comments:
Post a Comment