Monday, March 26, 2012

third grade field day

The Friday before Spring Break was Field Day for the third grade.  I was able to spend the morning chatting with Carsen's teacher, Mrs. Huber, and a few of his freinds' mothers.  While I enjoyed the conversations, I enjoyed watching Carsen and his class participate in many fun activities.

Carsen's class was FAST in the running relay.  Carsen and his team were unbeatable.  Davis, Carsen, Ethan and Conor did great! 

Once the race ended the kids did a hula hoop relay.  This was a little bit tricky for Carsen to get the hang of, but he didn't get discouraged and his team mates were all so supportive.


The next activity was a relay race with this giant soccer ball.  The kids were laughing and having so much fun.  A few of the speediest boys even ended up going over the top of the ball!



The next activity was the parachute.  Of course they loved it!


I didn't get to see the Tug-Of-War that the classes did last, but Carsen reported that they had fun despite a loss. 

Field day was a great day to celebrate working so hard for 3 full quarters!  I can't believe the year is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment