Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Babee Shower

Robyn and I dreamed about throwing Randi a baby shower since the day she started trying.  I am not sure why, but I always believe that every baby is going to be a girl.  So the day that Randi found out she was pregnant, we started to plan a baby shower for their little girl.  We knew she was going to do bees in the baby's room so we decided to do a clothes line of all bee clothes for a little girl to be used as a decoration.  Oh we found the cutest stuff ever!  From undies to swim suits,  Dresses to shoes and everything in between.  We had a blast, until we heard, "It's a Boy!"



At that moment all my plans changed.  I didn't want to do a baby shower for a boy.  I didn't want to buy clothes or toys or shoes for a boy.  I already did that 3 times.  This was my chance for a girl;  and they blew it.  Mike blew it really; it was his fault.



So once reality set in and I accepted my fate, we packed up all the girl stuff, Robyn's, Randi's and mine, and we started to think "boy".



After that the ideas started slowly for me.  Robyn reassured me that it would be ok and had many good ideas.  So we went with it and started going "bee crazy".



We picked up everything remotely close to our theme and color scheme from stores all across the valley and the World Wide Web (www).




Dare I say we went overboard, like we always do?  Yes.  But we expect perfection from ourselves.  We throw the kind of party that amazes everyone, including ourselves.  And as an added bonus, we get to spend every one of Robyn's free moments together.  I love that.  I live for that.




The shower ended up being perfect, with the exception of snow.  Yes, snow in Phoenix, or Glendale, if you will, on December 3, 2011.  We had a beautiful outdoor space set up, including Randi & Mike's new backyard, but it was a little too wet and a lot too cold to spend time out there. 




The house was bursting at the seams with excited people.  So many family and friends came to the "couples shower".  Carol and Rebecca helped put all the finishing touches on everything to make it all gorgeous.  They take our ideas and make them reality.  We need that sometimes.  Fine.  All the time.




The food table was incredible.  We had 10 appetizers, 10 desserts and more than 10 kinds of black, white and yellow candy.  Everything was adorned with bees.




We moved all the furniture around the house, only to bring in more tables and chairs for everyone to sit at. 










They received a huge out pouring of love and support with tons of gifts and diapers.






We played some fun games like, "Arrival Time"  where you guess what time your plastic baby will be born/defrost from an ice cube and "Poopy Diaper" when you want the mini poopy cloth diaper pinned to your shirt so you win the prize.

Pretty Carol won the diaper raffle and got an awesome iTunes gift card.  She was pretty excited!




Thanks to Mike's sister, we have a few photos to document this awesome event.  Robyn and I were running like chickens with our heads cut off and we didn't even have a chance to get a picture with Randi & Blip.  We are really going to have to make a lot better effort to either get ourselves cloned so we can do more, or to take just a few minutes at each event to get a photo together.

There isn't a single moment that was better or worse than another.  Now as I write this it is all one big blur.  I know we worked our butts off.  I know we thought of and executed every single detail.  I know I could barely walk the next day and I know that we love Randi, Mike and Blip something fierce.  We are so happy for them!

1 comment:

  1. Best. Party. Ever.

    Guess I'm over the girl thing...cause I love my boy more than I thought possible. BUT...those tubs of girl clothes hidden in the closet need a little sister!! In a couple years...

    Thanks for THE best babee shower ever. You guys are ah-mazing!! I am so thankful for you...I couldn't do it every day without you. I love you so very much. I don't know why you love me, but I am so glad you do.

    ReplyDelete