Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Egg Hunting

Every year, as tradition mandates, we head over to Gilbert to have our annual egg hunt with the Grossarth's.  This year was a bit different because we were missing Sydney, Billy, Savannah and Brooklyn.  Who told them they could grow up and stop hunting eggs?  I mean really.  I was missing them quite a bit.  I was also missing my pretty, funny cousin Carol.  She had to fly up to Utah for her sister's wedding so she totally took her hilarious sense of humor and sarcasm and left us high and dry.



Being the superb cousin that I am, I volunteered to pick up the 3 sons she abandoned so that they didn't have to miss out on the party.  Oh man are they cute, sweet and well behaved.  She is a great mom cause those boys are amazing!  They had a great time with all the 11 and under cousins (Derek & Emma Maderazzo decided they were too old to hunt and did the hiding instead!) looking high and low for eggs.  They chatted my ears off the whole way to and from the party.  I loved every second of it!  What is it about other people's kids being so much easier than your own?




The egg hunt was uneventful, other than Nana hiding the money in a random egg instead of the "Golden Egg" like usual.  McKenna was very disappointed to open the egg to find only candy. 


All the eggs were quickly inspected, but no one found money.  For the next 30 minutes, the kids left their baskets of candy and headed back out in search of the missing egg.  No one found it.  Phones and flashlights could not light the path to success.  I guess some random kid will find the egg one day over the next year and be so excited when he/she opens it up to 5 dollars.  I hope Nana learned her lesson!









The adults had a great time visiting and holding baby Cody.  I love a cute kid, that goes home with someone else.  What more could a sister ask for? 



Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment