Sunday, April 15, 2012

Showering Love on the Bride

Before I can blog about my week of wedding bliss, I have to blog about Sydney's bridal shower.


I have to admit that I have a few hurt feelings that she herself didn't blog the event, but I will not let that stop me.  I spent 100s of hours and way more money than that to make sure every detail of her "Once Upon A Time"  Cinderella shower was perfect.  And it was.

The shower was at Randi's friend Rebecca's House.  Sydney babysat her girls a lot before she moved away and Rebecca missed her a lot too.  It was Rebecca's idea on how to decorate the house for the shower.  The outside & entry way were the set up like Cinderella's home.  With little subtle parts of the movie displayed.



Nana Carlys made the entry just perfect from the dress, to the sewing stuff and the mice.




(The favors were beautiful Royal Crown Bookmarks)


As you left the poor working life of Cinderella, you entered the elegant princess inspired room.



Cinderella blue, silver, crystal and white gleamed from everywhere.  We all agreed that 100's of candles and white roses would make the place perfect.




Nana made a delicious and beautiful cake to go along with all the other food and treats.


We had a fun time playing games like "How well do you know the groom?", the "Candy Bar Game" and "The Price is Right".  Sydney tried to cheat by torturing Neal until he told her the questions that were going to be asked.  Luckily, he gave Sydney some random questions that were not on the test and she had a huge mouth full of gum at the end of the game.  We laughed a lot!


After the games she opened all her gifts.  She got a lot of really nice stuff.  I think she liked all of it, except the lingerie clothes line that Randi and I gave her.  I think she will change her mind about that one in the upcoming weeks.

The shower went great and I am glad that I have been blessed to have a relationship with this sweet, beautiful girl since her birth.  I miss her not being here everyday, but hope that someday she will come back to Arizona to pick up where she left off.


On a side note, Randi gave us all a little heart attack the last few weeks before the shower because she wasn't having her baby.  The doctors had told her she wouldn't have a full term baby so when we planned the shower we never thought that her delivery would get in the way.  Luckily, she had the baby exactly one week before the shower.  She was exhausted, but came and helped all she could.  We were lucky because we got to hold that cute little newborn baby.  We all love him! 





No comments:

Post a Comment