Monday, April 23, 2012

Mr and Mrs Holt's Wedding Day

On Thursday, April 10, 2012 my oldest niece, Sydney Hawkins was married to Neal Holt.  I cared for Sydney from the day she was born and I love her so dearly.

I don't think I can even begin to re-create the wedding week, but with only one fiasco that was remedied, I would say it was nearly perfect. 

Robyn, the mother of the bride, has been working tirelessly since the day of her only daughter's engagement in September.  I have been acting as her personal assistant and have really enjoyed being able to spend a little extra time with her running errands, planning details and doing anything I could to help.  I believe that all the work was worth it because the day was perfect. 


Raelynn was a little less than thrilled that the wedding wasn't her own, but the bridal couple was gracious and very willing to include her all they could.




She was super thrilled to catch the bouquet at the reception.  She assured me that means she is the next one to get married.


In the midst of some flower chaos, Randi and I were able to have a little time with our favorite cousins Carol and Jenn.  They were the super-awesome floral stars of the wedding.  They rolled with all the punches and made everything so beautiful.  They are not only beautiful, but they are fun.  I just wish we had more time, more often, to be together.


The bride and groom had a very handsome wedding party.  I won't name any names, but they really looked stunning.





Regina's mother-in-law Barbara made me and Randi our dresses.  When she was done she had a little extra fabric so she made McKenna a matching dress.  Man she was so cute & excited to match!


Another favorite of the week was that I got to spend 6 days in a row with my 2 best sisters/friends.  As an added bonus, we all got to share Kristi.  Kristi is Robyn's sister-in-law and we laugh so hard when we are together.  We just love her to pieces.


Because of school and work, my family wasn't able to go to as many wedding related events as I did, but they did come to the ring ceremony and reception. 


We had a good time taking photos, dancing and eating as many sweet treats as we could.




I love each of my crazy boys so much.





Just after the limo drove the newlyweds away, Randi and I ran back inside to sneak in one photo together in the photo booth.  That was a must that was almost missed.  I would not have been able to get over that easily.


In the end, we were so exhausted, but happy that the day was beautiful, without a detail missed.  I hope that the happy couple will live happily ever after. I hope they know how much they are loved and how much I miss my Sydney.

1 comment: