Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trout Life Cycle

Jake, my kindergartner, had to do a research project this month.  I was quite surprised at this level of home work for a 6 year old, but we took the project to it's full capacity, thanks to Anthony's artistic skill.

Jake had to choose an animal that he would see at the zoo on his field trip.  After examining the zoo map, he decided on the Trout. (Personally I think he has been hanging around Derek too much, but that's neither here nor there)  He began the research at school with his buddy DJ, our neighbor friend.  He finished his research at home and Dad helped him make a cool poster.

Once the poster was finished, he had to take it to school and present the information he had learned.  He was so nervous and scared before school that morning.  I felt so bad for him, because I understand his level of anxiety.  The one that makes your stomach hurt and need to puke.  The one that makes your heart race and room spin around you.  The one that makes tears fall from your eyes despite your best efforts to keep it inside.  The one that makes you want to hide under your desk or bed or in the bathroom if that means someone might forget about calling your name out loud.  Poor baby.
 But he did it.  His teacher spoke and he held the poster.


Great job Jake.  We all enjoyed learning more about Trout!

No comments:

Post a Comment