Derek learned about China this year in 6th grade. He had to pick a group project that depicted something they had studied. He and his group picked "The Silk Road".
Derek spent several afternoons working at Nathan's house on their research and power point presentation. In addition to that, Derek volunteered to make a diorama to help the students visualize the topic. He had the ideas and with his Dad's help, they all came to fruition.
The pictures just don't do it justice. It was great.
I wish Anthony had some type of job that allowed him to use his awesome, creative side.
There were rugs, ropes, furs and all manner of cloths to trade.
There were rugs and food sold there as well.
The fruit stand was also a very delicious and colorful addition.
The project was great and I knew Derek would be proud to walk that puppy into school. NO offense to my dad or dead mom, but my school projects always sucked. I am glad my kids have a very talented father. When they grow up they will have to find something else to harbor ill feelings about and seek counseling for. That's just life.
You said "my dead mom" ....I am seriously LOL!! That's funny, but it shouldn't be. Oh...to be a Rodgers. :)
ReplyDelete