Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 04, 2012

This year the 4th of July fell on a Wednesday.  It was a bit bizarre because I went to work and Anthony stayed home.  I can tell you that I don't really  like waking up at  6:30 to go to work on a holiday.  It did make me have a little bit more sympathy for Anthony having to do this all the time.

I was done with work by 1:30 so Jake & I went and ran a few errands with Randi & Cody.  Our family had been trying to make plans with our friends the Cobb's all day and we got the phone call with the final plans about 5:30pm for a 6:30 dinner.  Randi quickly took us home so we could get ready and go.

Once at the Cobb's (Jason, Gretchen & Josh) the boys went swimming and the adults enjoyed the amazingly and unseasonable cool temperature of about 75 degrees.  We sat outside and talked while Jason BBQ some carne asada & chicken for dinner.

After dinner we all hiked up the mountain near their home to watch fireworks.  We all carried flash lights and Gretchen was also armed with a black light, to fend against scorpions.  We ended up not being able to see any of the local shows well, but saw a few fireworks from around the valley.






After our hike we had warm apple pie & vanilla ice cream, followed by front yard sparklers.












The boys had a great time thinking of different experiments to try with them.  Our favorite was the sparkler path, like dominoes, complete with a sparkler race at the end.







We all had a great time and are so grateful for our free country.   There aren't words to express our humble gratitude for all those who have defended and continue to defend all that we enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment