Over the last few years I have become much more brave, more sure of myself and quite frankly ready to have some adventures. For our annual "See America" trip, we were supposed to go to the South & see Carlys' family, but life has a way of changing and I am not going to lie by the side of the highway and watch the traffic fly by. Nope, I jumped into the fast lane and put the pedal to the metal. After spending a couple days with Robyn's sister-in-law Kristi, in February, I knew I had a new plan!
On Friday, July 20, me and my boys loaded up in the newly renovated Yukon XL and headed west. We all smiled as we crossed over into California! We rocked out to music while some danced and others played games on the iPads.
Soon enough we needed a potty break (badly) and were down to a 1/2 tank of gas, so we decided to pull off the freeway and some random exit that showed a gas station.
Well, the gas pumps were all under renovation, but we went potty and also found General Patton's Museum. While we didn't take the time to go in, we did wander around the outside for a little bit.
The boys enjoyed the tanks, but I loved this sign. Littering is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.
An hour or so later we did in fact need gas and I knew exactly where to get it! The Cabazon Outlets! This stop also entertained the boys as they loved to see the big dinosaurs and their toenails.
All the boys enjoyed being eaten as well.
Mid-afternoon we arrived in Valencia, CA at our hotel.
Luckily we were excited to see our friends that were waiting for us and we didn't even notice this weird sign in the elevator...
Until later when we went swimming. My good friend Kari and her family recently moved to So Cal and we were delighted to get to visit with them.
The kids all swam and then we headed out to dinner. We ended up at some expensive, weird Mexican Food restaurant that the front desk recommended. The place was nice for a date night with your hubby, but not for a group of kids. They didn't have chimi's and enchiladas like we are used to, they had food with names we couldn't even pronounce!
| Derek, Becca, Breezy, Jake & Carsen |
After dinner the cool night breeze escorted us around a little pond with duck and turtles. The kids were all delighted to watch the animals play in the water.
When it was time to go back to the hotel, we knew that it was also time for Kari & her girls to drive back home. Parting was hard for me. I love & miss Kari so much and I don't know how long it will be until I see her again.
The boys, on the other hand, were excited to go back to the hotel to watch TV and eat ice; one of their favorite hotel traditions!
Looks like you had a fabulous trip. So awesome :)
ReplyDelete