Friday, July 6, 2012

My Kid Rips 2012


Derek was lucky enough to attend Skate Camp again this summer at Kids That Rip, in Mesa.  Because of the long commute, one of my East-side family members, always agrees to have Derek stay for the week.  Along with that blessing, they also get to transport the boy to and from camp each day. 


This year my boy stayed at my awesome cousin Carol's house.  She has been on the list for a few years and finally got her turn.  The week had been talked about and planned for about 2 months officially and for the entire year unofficially.  When I called to verify that Carol was all set the Friday before camp, Carol had no idea that Derek was going to be at her house the next week.  She quickly pulled herself together, after the shock wore off, and she was in her usual "more than efficient" mode.

Rides were set up between Aunt Barbara, Carol and Regina for the week.  Meals were planned to Derek's liking.  Eli's room was cleaned and vacated.  Jared was on parent duty for all 4 boys and Emma because Carol had to work at the dance studio every night that week.  They were awesome and Derek had a good time with Eli, Tyson & Tyler.  I think they liked having a big brother for the week to teach them all about the X-games.



When I picked Derek up on Friday from camp, he received the highest and most desirable award of all; "Best Attitude".  I think this is the 3rd year in a row and we are so proud of Derek and the great young man that he is becoming.  Because he got the top award be was given a new skateboard deck and some cool stickers.  Everyone else just got the cool stickers.


Derek had another great week skating his little heart out!

On a side note, so I never forget, I also got the best award out there.  My award was a nice note about my sweet son.  This is what I received:


From: Barbara Rodgers
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012
To: Carol Jensen

Please forward this to Richelle:
Just wanted to let you know what a wonderful boy Derek is (which I am sure you already know). He was so polite and considerate. Today he was waiting for me when I got there - very few 12 year olds would have done that. And he always used his best manners (clearly has no idea who I am, but gracious nonetheless!! - Because of our conversation, he asked if I knew who Randi and Regina were!)
Aunt Barbara

1 comment:

  1. The boys already miss Derek and want him to come backs and now my dvr is set up so that it records all the x games :)

    We hope we are on the list for 2013! Pick us D, pick us!

    ReplyDelete