Saturday, August 11, 2012

400 miles North on I-5, PAC NW 2/12

After our fun evening with our friends, we all ended up sleeping in.  I am so thankful that I was blessed with good sleepers and late sleepers.  I am not a morning person and neither are any of my boys.  That is the way I like it!


Once the boys got up and around, we had breakfast at the hotel, repacked the suitcases and began our daily adventure.  We were all excited because after the next 400 miles we would be with our cousins again. 

The drive was not the most beautiful, but Carsen thought that these mountains looked soft and smooth.  We wondered what they felt like.  We talked about all the scenic differences we could think of between AZ and CA.



Before long, we were at Ryan & Michelle's house in Folsom.  I was so excited to see the girls & boy again!  After a brief reprieve, Ryan's family took us to their stake's annual Pioneer Day celebration.  It was pretty warm outside, but there were water activities set up, face painting, dunk tank, water slide, shaved ice and a yummy BBQ dinner.  Then the weather cooled off beautifully as the sun set in the West.



While the kids were playing the adults sat in the grass and talked.  Ryan bet me that Uncle Whitney wouldn't recognize me in such a random place.  I was a bit worried, but took the bet and went over to greet him & Connie.  As I approached him, his mouth dropped open.  Then he jumped up out of his seat to give me a big hug.  I was happy he knew exactly who I was and also that Ryan lost the bet.  We had a really nice visit with Uncle Whit & Aunt Connie.  It was so good to see them. 

After we had all the fun we could stand, Ryan headed home to put the kids to bed & the women ran to the store to get all essentials for a picnic the next day.

After a good night's rest, Ryan drove our large group East to a Reservoir.  After a short hike, we had the world of nature all to our selves.



Roy was the cutest in the cold water.  He absolutely loved it.


The kids splashed in the water, skipped rocks and dug for gold.






The big boys fished, I read and handed out snacks and Michelle chased after Roy.




When we had all had enough fun, and needed to use a potty, we headed back to the car.  No fish were captured for dinner, but Michelle had other plans waiting at home.


On the way home both Roy & Lexi fell asleep.  Poor Lexi's head would not stop jerking and bobbing and weaving around, so sweet Derek held her head steady so she didn't sustain any whiplash injuries.

Once we were home & fed, the kids and I played games at the table until it was bed time.  Once they went to bed we went back into our room to pack up our bags once again.  We had many more miles to drive the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment