So while I was in Oregon this summer with my family, Kristi talked about going on scrapbooking retreats with her friends. They sounded wonderful and I mentioned that I would love to do something like that someday. Well, Robyn & Kristi secretly planned for my wish to come true.
Robyn took care of my plane ticket and Kristi took care paying for my stay at the retreat house and my portion of the food. I was a little nervous about going and I got a nasty cold/sinus infection 2 days before I was supposed to fly out. I decided to suck it up and get on the plane. I am very glad I did.
I arrived in Portland about 11 pm on a Wednesday night. Doug, Kristi's hubby, was also flying in at the same time, we he drove me to their home about 30 minutes away. Kristi and I stayed up talking for a few hours and then we decided we better try to get a little bit of sleep. A few hours later we dropped her cute boys off at school and we headed to pick up one of her friends, but not before we hit up Krispy Kreme. Once we had our donuts, and Jen, we were ready to head west for the beach.
The drive was beautiful and really my first real fall experience. We drove to Astoria, OR where the Goonies movies was made. It was a typical dark and cloudy Oregon day. After that the weekend was pretty much all about scrapbooking, eating, talking, laughing, sleeping, reading and gaming on the ipad. We had a wonderful time together.
I was pretty sad when Sunday rolled around and we had to pack up our bags and drive back to Portland. It was sad when we pulled into the airport and said our goodbyes. It was an awesome weekend. I hope someday I will be able to do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment