I can only think of one person who loved her birthday as much as Raelynn, my mom Dianne. She loved her birthday and always went to extreme efforts to make each of our birthdays special while we were growing up.
My sweet Raelynn has taken this love to heart. She talks about and plans for her birthday about 364 days early. Her birthday wish list is made early and often. It is one of her wonderful endearing qualities that I couldn't live without.
This year I took Raelynn to get a pedicure for her birthday. We went to AJ's for lemonade and then went to my favorite spot next door for some pampering. Although she did not want her chair to vibrate or massage her, she loved being pampered. I wish I could take her with me every time.
The next day was her pizza party. She has matured from wanting to go to Peter Piper to wanting pizza at home. All of her sisters, mom & dad were there so all was well with the world.
Raelynn picked a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting this year that her mom made homemade. She was very excited to have her mom make her a cake of her own.
I am sure that Dad didn't realize that she would never, ever, ever be able to blow out 29 candles. I am also sure that he did realize that he and Raelynn together would never, ever, ever be able to blow out 29 candles. (see dad helping below)
Finally, Raelynn, Grumpaw, Jake and Carsen all blew together and the candles went out. (see pic below) Please notice that the candles are strategically placed in one corner in an effort to keep the rest of the cake saliva free for the rest of family's enjoyment. Nana has learned and remembers each year how to keep the wet cake down to a minimum.
Raelynn was so happy to have Robyn Hawkins, Grossarth (regina), Richelle, and her whom mate (room mate Randi) at her 29th birthday bash. I am so grateful for Raelynn in my family. I am so blessed to be able to love her and even more blessed to be loved by her.
I am so behind on my blog. Ugh. I do love me some Raelynn!! Chocolate on chocolate can be covered in saliva....and still taste the same to me. :) The candles were dang funny. Next year she's getting pedicure gift cards...
ReplyDelete