Saturday, December 22, 2012

First Piano Recital


Carsen chose to retire from sports last spring.  When he didn't come out of retirement in the fall, I told him he had to take piano lessons.  He happily agreed.  We found a teacher, Pam Wood, and he began lessons in October.  In December his teacher held her annual Christmas recital and Carsen was able to play a simple version of "Away in a Manger". 

The morning of the recital Anthony had to work and planned to meet us at the recital.  Carsen and I got all dressed and ready to go.  We pulled into the parking lot 10 minutes early and right along side Anthony.  As we exited the car, I realized that we left Carsen's music sitting on the piano.  I ran over to Anthony's car and asked him to go home and get it.  He said sure and drove off.  Carsen and I headed inside to let his teacher know our dilema.  She held off the recital for 10 minutes, but Anthony still wasn't back.  The recital began and Carsen was bumped from 3rd to second to last.  Carsen was nervous and anxious, he did a great job anyway.  We learned a valuable lesson and will be ready to take on next year with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment