Over the past couple of months Derek has grown like a weed. At the beginning of 7th grade he was wearing a boys size 10 shorts and a boys medium t-shirt. By October he was in a size 12 shorts, but still a medium shirt. But, by April he was in a size 16 shorts and a men's small shirt, underwear and socks. Since we had to buy a whole new wardrobe a couple of times, Derek finally decided that he wanted to participate.
With that decision came the strong desire to have these awesome matching socks to go with EVERY single outfit that we purchased. I guess the Nike Elite Socks are the coolest thing out there in the way of 7th grade fashion. I cant even get him to pick out a shirt that doesn't have the socks that match. It is kind of funny, but also very expensive at and average of $15.00/pair. Derek is sure spoiled, but at least he looks great doing it!
We spent hours out shopping the malls. When all the necessary shirt/sock combos weren't found, we hit the on-line sites to get the remaining necessary supplies. Anthony said I should be happy because I finally had my girl to go shopping with. I did enjoy the company while it lasted!
This black shirt was a yes!
This awesome grey shirt was a no!
And this ASU was a favorite, with the matching socks!
No comments:
Post a Comment