Wednesday, November 5, 2014

On my way to the big apple

Wednesday, May 28, 2014, I boarded a plane for an adventure of a lifetime.  I was heading for New York City.  I was beyond excited, to say the least.  I was a little bit worried about traveling all alone, but more worried about the layover and plane change in Dallas.  I knew the airport was huge and I hoped that I could be smart enough to find my way.
 
After I boarded the plane and sat in my perfectly executed, emergency exit row seat, I took out my book all about New York City and started to study.  I read each page in detail, made notes, and mapped out each location.   Before I knew it we were landing and I was carefully studying all the airport signs.  I made my way to the train and changed terminals flawlessly.  I was very impressed with myself.  I found some dinner, exchanged messages with a few friends, okayed a new dog for the family and made my way to my next gate seamlessly.
 
 
I continued to read until I landed at LaGuardia International Airport at 11:30 pm, local time.  When I rounded the corner to baggage claim I had a huge smile and hug waiting from Robyn.  It was so great reunite with a familiar face.  We were giddy as we waited for my luggage and then found the taxi stand.  We chatted all the way back to our beautiful Marriott hotel near Times Square.  We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott at 114 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018.
 
 

The hotel was very tall and narrow.  When we exited the elevator for our room, there were only 3 rooms on each floor.  The room was clean, good sized and the beds were amazing. 
 
 
Robyn had picked up Paradise Bakery for us for a late dinner and this surprise out our window.

 
I was in awe and so excited to fly into the lights of the city, but this was amazing to be this close to the iconic Empire State Building.  I was still wide awake, but Robyn had been working all day.  She was tired, but she toughed it out as we talked about our plans for the next few days in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment