Day three started with breakfast pastries on the way to the subway.
We rode the subway down to Battery Park where we boarded a boat to Liberty Island. The security at the park was more intense than the airport.
Once on the Island we were able to tour the pedestal portion of the statue, which includes a museum.
There was information about the building of the lady, the materials used and many other details.
I had to get a picture with her bronzed toes for Derek.
I got a picture of some different kinds of money for Carsen.
Then we took the elevator up to the pedestal and stepped out for an amazing view.
This was the view toward Ellis Island
And this was the view of Manhattan
I was so proud as I saw our beautiful flag blowing as a signal of our freedom.
After we had had our fill of the view of the surrounding area, we climbed down to get a good look at Lady Liberty.
Robyn was kind enough to lie on the ground and gat a picture of me with the Statue of Liberty. She is a saint and I appreciate it so much.
After our time on Liberty Island the boat took us to Ellis island and then back to Manhattan. We hopped on the subway and rode to 23rd Street and 6th Ave. We found an awesome TJ MAXX and Marshalls where were spent the next 4 hours. We had so many bags we could hardly carry them all! I definitely felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman after she went shopping. The problem was, we needed a cab, and for 30 minutes we tried to hail one. They were all full! How could they all be full? So before we passed out from exhaustion, we decided to just walk. After a couple blocks we were finally able to get a cab back to the hotel.
Again I took a nap and Robyn worked. When I woke up we decided that we had better go out, since it was our last night in the city. We walked a few blocks to the Shake Shack and waited with lots of other people to order. We sat next to each other, but at a table with 3 other separate couples. It was very awkward. We weren't very impressed with the food and we needed to have NY cheesecake so we headed to Juniors for dessert.
We walked through Times Square about midnight and there were so many people out and about once again. It was all so strange to me.
We made it back to our room and did a dessert sampling that was to die for. Again we talked and laughed until we passed out, happy that we did not have an early morning ahead.




No comments:
Post a Comment